Get the latest cryptocurrency news, updates, values, prices, and more related to Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, DeFi and NFTs with pakcoinworker crypto ...

Post Top Ad

Thursday 31 May 2018

Should I convert some of my BCH to BTC? ( I feel that at least here, we can have a balanced discussion )

I wanted to grab some opinions from people, and figured on this message board I'd at least be respected and could have a discussion. (versus the other one who would just ban me right away)

Anywho, I know that the majority here like BCH more (and I totally respect that), but I was just wondering if anyone here thinks I should convert some of my BCH to BTC? The main reason I'm asking is because I believe the following:

  1. I think as a scarce digital asset, the world won't care too much about transaction fees. Worst case scenario, Bitcoin becomes a trusted reserve asset with a 9+ year track history.

  2. I recognize BTC and BCH both have the same starting points time wise (technically speaking), but I don't think the public cares about that and sees the beginning of BCH as Aug 1, 2017.

  3. Other than having the word Bitcoin in it's name, and promotion from a very prominent figure in the crypto space, I don't feel that technically speaking BCH has a lot more going than other alts.

  4. The network effect is really hard to overcome, no matter what industry it is. We're nearly 1 year into the BCH hard fork, and BTC still has 14~ times more transactions than BCH.

So all in all I think BCH is really fun, and the idea of much lower fees is incredible, but I don't know if it's quite enough to warrant it being a smarter investment than BTC in my lifetime.

Any thoughts? Please don't downvote/be rude. :( I'm really trying to have a balanced conversation and am open to opinions.

submitted by /u/Logical007
[link] [comments]

from Bitcoin - The Internet of Money https://ift.tt/2xx9xZy

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have received your message and would like to thank you for writing to us, we will reply by email as soon as possible.

Talk to you soon,
[Pakcoin Worker]
[Pakcoin Global]